Giving your newborn or toddler a bath should not be a stressful experience. To make bath time more fun and less daunting for both you and the baby, invest in a baby bath chair. Designed to support the baby’s head and back, bath chairs leave your hands free to bathe your little one. They also help prevent any risks or accidents.
1st Step’s baby bath chairs come in different sizes and shapes. Some are sling chairs with cloth covers, while some are plastic models contoured to the infant’s body. Some have high-chair seats, and some are tilted back like a lounge chair. At 1st Step baby shop we have a range of bath chairs for you to choose from for your little one. But, before you pick a bath chair for your baby, it is important to keep the following in mind.
How to choose the right baby bath chair?
Consider the following features to buy a safe and suitable baby bath chair.
Material: Bath chairs are usually made of plastic, cloth, and cushion. Always check if the materials are of high quality and free from BPA or other harmful chemicals before investing.
Anti-skid: The bath chair must have anti-skid feet to prevent tilting and slipping of the baby. This is essential for the baby’s safety.
Size: If the chair is too small, it will be inconvenient for the baby, and if it is too big, chances are the baby will slide into the water. So, choose the right size that fits the baby.
Storage: Consider buying a foldable bath chair to easily store them when not in use. They are also suitable for those who frequently travel.
We believe that parenting today is the most challenging job in the world and 1st Step aims to make this journey more enjoyable and less stressful for the parents. We do so by making well-designed, quality products that help you navigate every step of parenthood. From multi-featured prams to narrow-necked nail clippers, from breathable diapers to easy-to-clean breast pumps, we have a collection of premium quality products to ensure that you experience ‘The Joy of Parenting’.
Why do you need 1st Step’s bath chairs for your baby?
- 1st Step’s Delux Baby Bather is made of durable, international, premium quality materials to ensure zero toxicity.
- Our baby bather comes with a pillow and cushioned edges to make sure your baby is seated comfortably and it gets the right head support during bath time. The removable head pillow and seat cover are machine washable to prevent residue build-up.
- You can easily adjust the backrest to a reclining or sitting position using the lock at the base. It is recommended to use the reclining position in the initial months.
- The strong anti-skid base at the base ensures the bather is stable at all times.
- The compact design of our baby bather makes it easy to fold, store, clean and carry.
How often should you bathe your baby?
During the first 1-2 weeks of birth, it is recommended to bathe only using sponges and washcloths until the umbilical cord stump falls off. Thankfully it doesn't take longer than a week. It is important to slowly introduce new routines for newborns and make the experience as comfortable as possible. However for infants, most often pediatricians recommend bathing 2-3 times per week, and sponge baths when/if needed in between full-fledged baths. Bathing daily is fine for most babies, but it is definitely not necessary.
Instead of happily splashing in the water, your baby wails whenever it’s time to take the plunge? Well, there are many possible reasons for your water woes. Your little one may be letting you know (loudly!) that she’s cold. Or she may hate getting her tiny face wet or her hair shampooed. Then there’s the move to the big tub. Some tots have a hard time making the transition. But hang in there. We’ve got a boatload of tips to make your baby bathtime a fun time for all.
How to make your baby’s bathing experience fun?
- Choose the best toys - There are a range of bath toys available, but the best ones help a baby learn while having fun. Plastic cups of various sizes, for example, encourage pouring, filling, and dumping, while a set of floating marine animals allows for imaginary play, language practice, and counting skills.
- Bring on the bubbles - You can blow and your child will pop, or you can reverse roles once she's a little older. Your baby may explore the concepts of big and little with a selection of wands. Narrate as you go, and she'll pick up phrases like "float" and "pop" quickly.
- Introduce textures - Bathtime is a great time to introduce different textures to your child, such as a bath sponge, a wet washcloth, a dry towel, etc.
- Splash - a lot! Face it, the best fun in the bather is slamming your hands, kicking your legs and shrieking to hear the echo bounce off the tile. Allow your baby to let loose (safely, of course!).
Bathtime is the best time for babies and toddlers. They have your undivided attention in a wonderland filled with bubbles, toys and more. If you always keep safety in mind when your child is near water, your scrubs in the bathers will go off without a hitch. Make your baby’s bathing experience a safe and fun experience with our bathing collection. Check out our baby bathers on https://1ststep.com/collections/bath-chair.